November 8, 2006

I'll be gone till November


Annie and I at Gabe and Rache's wedding
Between Annie and I, we had a gazillion weddings this summer/fall. We unfortunately only made it to 9 of them. They were all gorgeous and unique and very inspiring. The last one was my sister's wedding in England, where we were able to attend and have such a great time. Luckily we didn’t bump into David Beckham, who would have swept Annie off her feet and stolen her away… I was quite relieved. Having overcome that fear and seeing that she really is quite fond of me even after meeting my nutty family, I decided to ask her to marry me and help with the 5 children (more about that later). In a moment of (what I believe was) sheer delirium, she said “yes,” Folks, we’re getting married! Giddy up!
Ladies, please, no need to weep. Honestly; we all knew this day was inevitably coming.

In all seriousness, thank you everyone who has been praying for us and loving us and supporting us on this bizarre and beautiful journey. (click here for more pics and the story)

What's been going on with the Revolution? (T-shirts, a Christmas party and more...)
So I’ll try to keep this update short...
Having Pastor Vincent in town was terrific. Our discussion evening on AIDS, Faith and Poverty in Africa, was very informative and moving. Vincents trip to the US was very fruitful and we enjoyed hearing his observations of American life as we spent time together. Eg, “Oh my, so much Coca Cola!”
Please visit our friend Nate’s photo journalism project on Pastor Vincent’s Church and community to see some award winning images and hear compelling stories regarding HIV/AIDS in Africa. Click on the banner above to visit the site.

Computers to Africa- Load it up!

Loading the 40ft conatiner for Africa
To let those of you who donated computers for the computer project know; we packed them up and shipped them out. Together with loads of Christmas gifts, furniture, a few wheelchairs and everything including the kitchen sink, they were packed up and shipped off to South Africa. Please keep checking in on our projects page to see where you are able to get involved. Thanks to those of you who helped load it up.

Put your money where your t-shirt is!
There will be approximately 42 million orphans in Africa by the year 2010; based on this startling statistic, we’ve made a t-shirt to raise awareness and call people to action.

The much anticipated AR t-shirts are here. We designed the t-shirts ourselves, and make each one individually. Because we believe people should not just take on a cause because it’s trendy, we’ve decided to ask folks to put their money where their t-shirt is. Meaning; if you donate $42 or more towards AR, you get a free t-shirt. If you would like anymore after that, they’re $20 each. (* This offer is retroactive to those of you who have already donated $42 or more. Thanks for putting your money where your t-shirt is!)
I told you it's a startling statistic! T-shirts are available in army green and chocolate brown. No exceptions Nicole! Email me with your order.

Africa Revolution's Christmas Party
On December 16th we are having our very first AR Christmas fundraising event. It will be an evening filled with amazing live music, a real live date auction (yes a date auction), a phenomenal photography display, and door prizes! It will be hosted at the brand new Blend CafĂ© here in Chicago. There will be a $10 donation at the door and you won’t be sorry you came. Everyone is welcome, so if you have a heart for Africa and want to spread some Christmas love, we would love to have you join us. More details will be available on the main AR site asap.

Allan’s Life Support Team [LST]
Lastly, as a missionary of sorts I have been advised to pull together my supporters and clearly share my monthly needs to help you see how I am personally doing financially. So I thought about how I can best help you understand and see my needs in a clear, tangible way. I have created a web page that simply explains it all. You would be amazed at how your gifts have and can be vital in keeping this vision going. Take a peek.
Allan's Life Support Team
Keep praying for us as we finish off this year strong!
p.s see you at the party.
Last Words
"God comforts the disturbed and disturbs the comfortable."

No comments: