May 11, 2006

42hrs door to door!

So I finally got to my Mama's house...via Madrid, Spain. My day in Madrid was phenomenal! I loved it and wish I could spend more time there. Everyone knows Spain is beautiful but who knew it would be so quaint. How have they managed NOT to franchise a good thing? I think the US could learn from this. It was a glorious day to be a tourist. I didn't quite get to see a bull fight but learned a great deal about it. My last leg of the journey to South Africa was a 10hr flight. Thanks to Benadryl I slept for 9hrs of that flight, ahhh sweet sleep, it was well deserved.

And now I'm in SA with my fam.... having a great time catching up over special meals at favorite hang out spots.

I've also spent some time with church friends from the Church I used to work at here, Eastside Community Church. I will be here for the opening of the church's new premises. How amazing to see a huge church building over land we used to walk on and pray over, asking that God would give it to us for ministry...6yrs later, here it is! Amen.
On Sunday we drove out to my cousin's construction site way out in the bush, where he is working building bridges. I got to drive on dirt roads in a brand new 4X4 and feasted with my fam over my favorite meal ever, an African Brai. (a must for anyone who visits these lands.)

Tomorrow I get to hang out with my cousin/old roommate whom is now married with a kid. I have lunch with Lorraine one of the kids now adult from my old youth group here. She is so crazy awesome, I’m excited.
Evangeline and Jenn arrive on Saturday and the real work begins.

It’s a little difficult to post pics with my internet situation but I will so hang ten. K, time for bed. It's midnight here and 5pm in Chicago. Enjoy your evening mine was great!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like an amazing begining. keep it up.

Mary said...

so much fun!! looks like you guys are having an awesome time. looking forward to hearing more :)

Anonymous said...

we miss you guys! glad to hear an update:>
-sara